Congratulations to BCHS August Athletes of the Month:
Brendan Sauer (Swim)
- Brendan is the Sr. Captain for the team this year. In the first meet against Brophy on 8/31, he won both his events against the state champions and anchored the relay to a win as well. In the first invite Brendan scored top 8 in all his events and achieved State times in the 100/200 and 500 free and anchored the 200 free relay to a 3rd place finish (currently ranking 4th in the state). Brendan has won events and anchored winning relays at every meet this year. He has set PR times in the 50 and 100 free and 200 IM already this season and competed in our “IRONJAG” competition finishing 2nd place all time for boys. Brendan is on pace to set a new school record in the 500 free.
- Brendan had visits set up for multiple schools on the west coast for swim and is in multiple AP and Dual classes this year as well as the last couple years.
- Brendan works for the Community Center as a life guard and youth swim coach and helps by volunteering at the youth swim meets in Anthem this Summer and Fall. Brendan medaled at the lifeguard Olympics this Summer as well.
Hailey Binns (Spiritline):
- Hailey has been part of the Spiritline program at Boulder Creek for four years. Hailey is now the captain of the Varsity Cheer team. Hailey led her team over summer to win several awards at camp, including the Team with the most spirit. She has improved greatly in her over all skill in the last four months. Hailey is always striving to make her team better, not only in their sport, but also as individuals and as teammates.
- Hailey is a part of Stugo, NHS, Performance Dance and Educators Rising.
- She has a 4.30 GPA
- Hailey is highly involved in her Church Community as well.
Thank you Farmers Insurance, Hottman Agency, for your continued support of Boulder Creek and our Student-Athletes of the Month.