Congratulations to BCHS August Athletes of the Month:
Madison Southmayd (Swim):
- Maddie is the Sr. Captain for the team this year. She got her Sectional cuts this summer and has a chance to final in multiple events at state this year. She is the only Senior that has letters the last 3 years. In the meet at Xavier Maddie was on the 2nd place and 1st place relays and was 3rd in both the 200 and 400 free events.
- Maddie is an outstanding student and will swim D2 next year in college.
- Maddie is in clubs on the campus.
Patrick Serrano (Football):
- Patrick is a major weapon on offense for the football team. Through 2 games, he has gained 203 yards rushing on 38 carries and 3 TD’s. He also has 3 receptions for 37 yards. In week 1, against a very good Hamilton team, Patricks effort was outstanding as he gained 179 hard fought yards, carrying defenders all over the field.
- Patrick maintains a 3.77 GPA and he is working towards pursuing business/medical field at a major university. He aslo has near perfect attendance throughout high school.
- Patrick maintains high standards and has outstanding character. He is very disciplined and continues to work very hard in the classroom and on the field. He also does an incredible job uniting our team through his leadership skills. Patrick has incredible work ethic. He has participated in our 52-week training program and has 99% participation rate. He was also a standout player all summer on our competition team in passing league games.
- Patrick also mentors our youth as he helps with our Anthem youth flag football league.
Thank you Farmers Insurance, Hottman Agency, for your continued support of Boulder Creek and our Student-Athletes of the Month.